gEDA is an open source project working on producing a full GPL'd suite of Electronic Design Automation tools.
These tools are used for electrical circuit design, simulation, prototyping, schematic capture and production.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· gEDA is now compatible with Guile 2.x (recommended).
· A greatly expanded Scheme API has been added to gEDA/gaf for use by extension authors. See the `geda-scheme' Info manual for more details.
· The `component-library-search' function for `gafrc' files now skips directories without symbols, and searches for libraries recursively.
· `gschem' supports keybindings with more than one modifier key. Keystrokes may use extended modifiers (Super, Hyper and Meta), and key bindings can be modified in any rc file or interactively using the `global-set-key' function.
· `gschem' now displays help files and component documentation on all platforms, including Windows.
· `gsch2pcb' correctly handles footprint names containing hyphens (`-').
· Greatly improved error reporting in almost all tools, including improved detection of syntax errors in schematic files and configuration problems.