RKWard is an open source software designed to become a transparent and easy to use interface to the R language.
RKward will not only provide a convenient user-interface, but also take care of seamless integration with an office suite.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add option to force-close a graphics window
· Add plugin for subsetting data.frames by rows or columns
· On the Windows platform, add an new (experimental) binary startup wrapper (rkward.exe)
· Revert to building R packages form source on Mac OS X by default (controllable via compile-time option)
· Fixed: lattice plots would not be added to the plot history, correctly, for some versions of lattice
· Fix crash when trying to print, and neither okular, nor kpdf are available
· Added support for loaded namespaces that are not attached to a loaded package
· Pluginmaps can specify their "priority". Pluginmaps with low priority will not be added automatically, when found.
· Pluginmaps can other pluginmaps based on their id (for cross-package inclusion)
· Added new element for dynamic version checks within a plugin (R and RKWard versions, only, so far)
· Add guard against accidental usage of the standard distributed pluginmaps in a later version of RKWard (installed in parallel)
· Easier (de-)activation of RKWard plugin maps using checkboxes (Settings->Configure RKWard->Plugins)
· Broken or quirky .pluginmap files are reported to the user, completely broken maps are disabled, automatically
· Implement basic dependency handling for plugins / pluginmaps
· Added support for the upcoming R 3.0.0
· Added logic element to switch between several target properties (or fixed values) based on the value of a condition property
· Sort plugin gains option to sort data.frames by more than one column at a time, and options for type conversion
· Add in-application debug message viewer (targetted at (plugin) developers)
· Add setting to customize initial working directory
· Windows only: Add UI-checkbox for R's "internet2"-option
· New functions getString(), getList() and getBoolean() for fetching data in plugin scripts
· Boolean properties now return a numeric, not labelled representation of their value, by default. es should be unaffected.
· Added GUI element for entering a set of options for an arbitrary number of items
· Reduce CPU usage of pluings while idle
· Fix conversion from Numeric to Factor in the data editor
· In the data.frame editor, columns containing invalid values are now highlighted in red
· Fixed: If none of the previous plugin maps could be found on startup, re-add the default
· Added GUI element for entering matrix or vector data in plugins
· Improve key handling while editing factor levels in a data.frame
· Added utiltity function rk.flush.output()
· RKWard is now categorized as Science/Math/Numerical Analysis in its .desktop file
· Fixed: Yet another fix for hard-to-read function argument hints
· Fixed: Device history was not working with more recent versions of ggplot2
· Fixed: Option to include suggested packages in install was mis-labelled "install dependencies"
· rk.set.output.html.file() gains argument to allow addition of custom content to the html header