PPTools contains several tools designed to ease the life of people working in the Pulsed Power field.
PPTools contains an RLC circuit solver, a resistor color coding solver, a liquid resistor solver, an inductance calculator, and a skin depth effect calculator. It should greatly help when doing quick calculations for the design of experiments, or when analyzing experimental results.
Here are some key features of "PPTools":
· Solving of RLC circuit: give all parameters but two, solve the two unknowns!
· Resistors color coding: enter the color code, read the resistance value! Or enter the resistance you need, then read the closest color code!
· Liquid resistors solver: give all parameters but one, solve the unknown!
· Inductances calculator: select the geometry, enter the parameters, then read the associated inductance and capacitance! (flux leakage coefficients included, according to Knoepfel calculations)
· Skin depth calculator: select the applied signal shape, select the electrodes materials, give all parameters but one, solve the unknown!
· Help window describing all the features and giving details about the calculations (in About tab).
What's New in This Release:
· The liquid resistors calculator now gives correct answers and more solutions are available.
· The resistor color code solver has been almost totally rewritten and is now much more accurate and smart.
· The inductance/capacitance calculator was previously wrong for some capacitance calculations; now it is either correct (and proven) or a warning is displayed.
· The documentation has also been updated.