The Eagle EDA software is composed of tightly integrated modules for PCB design, including Schematic Capture, Board Layout, and Autorouter.
Eagle has a free full-function (only board size limited) non-commercial license available for hobby and educational use as well. Windows, DOS, and of course, Linux versions are available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
User Language, DesignLink:
· The User Language dialog object dlgStringEdit now accepts additional parameters to implement an input history.
· The User Language function system() no longer prompts the user for confirmation before executing the command.
· Modified the User Language network functions so that they use the proxy as set up in "Help/Check for Update/Config".
· DesignLink enhancements: Check price & availability for all parts of a schematic, load a shopping cart (designlink-order.ulp and designlink-inc.ulp, replacing designlink.ulp).
· DesignLink: Removed the "Customer Details" dialog as the user administration is not in service on Element14 web page.
· DesignLink: Added a text export function to order list (designlink-order.ulp) and library tool (designlink-lbr.ulp).
· Added a PCB quote service as ULP (pcb-service.ulp), that can extract manufacturing parameters from the board and send to an Element14 site to get a quote for it.
· The CHANGE command no longer selects airwires when changing parameters that don't apply to airwires (like layer or width).
· Reduced the minimum resolution in the EXPORT IMAGE command to 1.
· The MENU command can now handle icons.
· The MENU command now automatically turns on the textual command menu.
· By default the textual command menu is now located right next to the action toolbar.
· The default eagle.scr file now contains MENU commands that configure the textual command menu with buttons for DesignLink and the new PCB service.
· The new SET variable CONFIRM can be used to automatically confirm message dialogs (see "Help/Editor Commands/SET/Automatic Confirmation").
· If the user has modified the widths of the columns in a dlgListView, they no longer fall back to their initial values when a different item is selected.
· The new command line option '-U' can be used to define the location of the 'eaglerc' file in which EAGLE stores user settings. Note that beta versions of EAGLE no longer store their user settings in a separate 'eaglerc' file with the extension '.beta'. They now use the same 'eaglerc' file as officially released versions. If you want to keep things separate for beta versions, use the '-U' option.
· The new SET parameter Option.AutoLoadMatchingDrawingFile can be used to suppress the query "Do you also want to load ...?" in the EDIT command.
· The new SET parameters Cmd.Name.RenameEntireNetByDefault and Cmd.Name.RenameEntireSignalByDefault can be used to control the default behavior of the NAME command.
· Support relative paths of image links in libraries in ADD and REPLACE dialog.