gOpenMol is a tool for the visualization and analysis of molecular structures and their chemical properties.
The program uses Tcl/Tk scripting engine and can be extended with ease without modifying the kernel code.
gOpenMol can also be extended by writing extensions using sharable objects (Linux/Unix) and dynamic data exchange (Windows) modules.
Moreover there is a set of programs and utility functions included in gOpenMol.
Here are some key features of "gOpenMol":
- molecular structures and properties calculated with external programs,
- molecular dynamics trajectories,
- isocontour surfaces of grid data, such as molecular orbitals and electron densities.
- cut planes through grid data sets, and it can also be used to make short animations where a cut plane travels through a molecule grid data.
- The program can also be used together with electrostatic potentials from programs like GaussianXX, GAMESS Jaguar, UHBD (University of Houston Brownian Dynamics), AutoDock and the GRID programs.