Plasmidb project is a interface to a simple MySQL database, which itself contains information about projects in molecular biology.
The focus is the data pertaining to bacterial plasmids, but also the protein sequences which are being worked on for a particular project, DNA sequences of target genes.
The database is designed to be extensible, so after learning about how the interface works, a user could add data types in SQL tables and write an interface to be able to edit it easily.
Despite this being a work-in-progress, I have found the database to be very useful.
The database contains user and session information, so only upon logging-in, can one view and edit the database information.
Here are some key features of "Plasmidb":
· Standard cloning or expression plasmids (e.g. their antibiotic selection markers, any RNA polymerase promoters).
· Database sequences you may be currently working on (their accession numbers, sequences, coding sequences).
· Products you may wish to express or purify from them. e.g. His-tagged protein or RNA run-off transcripts etc.
· Primers you have ordered.
· Restriction enzymes.
· DNA sequencing data.
· Protein prep yields and data about purity.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The URLs now use Apache's mod_rewrite, so make sure to turn on this module!