Geant4 project is a toolkit for the simulation of the passage of particles through matter.
Its application areas include high energy physics and nuclear experiments, medical, accelerator and space physics studies.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new model of gamma nuclear interactions using the Bertini cascade was added.
· The Bertini model for pi-, K-, and Sigma- for nuclear capture at rest was introduced, along with the WentzelVI model for multiple scattering of e+ and e- above 100 MeV in all physics lists for HEP applications.
· Shen and Ion/proton cross-sections for ions are used.
· The cross-section for light ions including deuteron was improved.
· The INCL cascade model can now handle heavy-ion collisions.
· A new electro-nuclear interaction model has been added.
· A combination of FTF and Precompound models is used for anti-proton and anti-Sigma+.
· There were other enhancements and bugfixes