GDIS is a GTK based program for the display and manipulation of isolated molecules and periodic systems.
Here are some key features of "GDIS":
· Support for many common file formats (eg CIF, PDB, XTL, XYZ).
· OpenGL rendering.
· Assorted tools for visualization (measurements, ribbons, polyhedral display).
· Useful manipulation tools, including matrix transformations and supercell construction.
· Powerful surface generation and crystal morphology tools.
· Diffraction pattern generation and plotting.
· Animation and movie generation for multi-frame files.
· Analysis of Molecular Dynamics simulations.
GDIS also allows you to perform the following functions through other packages:
· Model rendering (courtesy of POVRay)
· Energy minimization (courtesy of GULP)
· Morphology calculation (courtesy of cdd)
· Space group processing (courtesy of SgInfo)
· View the Periodic Table (courtesy of GPeriodic)
· Although developed on a RedHat Linux platform, GDIS has been successfully compiled under IRIX, Solaris, OpenBSD, and OS-X.
· GTK 2.x