BioMAJ (BIOlogie Mises A Jour) is a workflow engine dedicated to biological databank management. BioMAJ software automates the update cycle and the supervision of the locally mirrored databank repository.
Biological knowledge in a genomic or post-genomic context is mainly based on transitive bioinformatics analysis consisting in an iterative and periodic comparison of data newly produced against corpus of known information. In large scale project, this approach needs accurate bioinformatics software, pipelines, interfaces and numerous heterogeneous biological banks, which are distributed around the world. An integration process that consist in mirroring and indexing those data is obviously an essential preliminary step which represents a major challenge and bottleneck in most bioinformatics projects; BioMAJ aims to resolve this problem, by proposing a flexible and robust fully automated environment.
Here are some key features of "BioMAJ":
· Multiple Remote protocol ( ftp, http, rsync , local copy)
· Powerful Exception Handling
· Data transfers integrity check
· Release versioning using a incremental approach
· Multi threading
· Data Tree directory normalisation
Post processing :
· Advanced workflow description (D.A.G) using Easy normalized syntax language
· Post-process indexation for various bioinformatics software (blast, srs, fastacmd, readseq, etc ...);
· Easy integration of personal scripts for bank post-processing automation
· Reporting facility: automatic Web report generation
· History Graph generation for better bank repository analysis
· Alert facility for the update cycle supervision.
· Online query of data warehouse containts