aipy is a Python package that collects together tools for radio astronomical interferometry. In addition to pure-python phasing, calibration, imaging, and deconvolution code, this package includes interfaces to MIRIAD (a Fortran interferometry package) and HEALPix (a package for representing spherical data sets), and some math/fitting routines from SciPy.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed modmap.py to work with sources of nonzero angular size. Also added support for changing the data type (double,float) of a map.
· Added parameter to mk_img.py to control minimum altitude to allow for phase center. Also added parameter for resuming interrupted faceting.
· Fixed xrfi.py default parameter "intthresh" to avoid excessive flagging of integrations.
· Made fitmdl.py skip fitting when there are no data. Added "snap" mode to fit parameters every integration.
· Added text color option to plot_map.py
· Added ionospheric refraction code using 1/freq**2 scaling. This involved some significant refactoring of code, and some changes in fitmdl.py and mdlvis.py.
· Changed fitmdl.py to cache UV data, resulting in less time reading files. This significantly sped up code, although may become problematic with fits involving lots of data.
· Removed some per-baseline computations in ant.py that occured every compute, even if unnecessary. Baseline projections are now computed as needed. Sped up simulations involving few baselines.
· Bugfix to miriad "select" command involving "time" selection: double arguments were incorrectly cast as floats.
· Made mk_map.py a little more efficient in calculating map weights.