VirGO plugin for Stellarium
VirGO is a plug-in for the popular and open source software Stellarium with added capabilities for browsing professional astronomical data.
VirGO gives astronomers the possibility to easily discover and select data from millions of observations in a new visual and intuitive way.
* If a previous installation of Stellarium exists, one may need to delete the $HOME/.stellarium directory to restore the default configuration.
* On Linux: download the package, uncompress it and run ./VirGO.sh in a console from the new directory. For example, issue the following commands on a terminal:
tar -xzf VirGO-1.4.4-linux32.tar.gz
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Addition of the VirGO User Guide.
- Improved GUI style and colors and fixed remaining MacOSX display problems.
- Replaced PLASTIC by SAMP.
- Added a new Data Sources dialog for activating non ESO SIA/SSA in 1 click.