Gpredict project is a satellite tracking program for Unix-like operating systems. In the begining (v. 0.1.x) Gpredict was just a GUI client to John Magliacane's excellent satellite tracking program, Predict, but due to performance problems it has been decided to include the tracking code directly into Gnome Predict (v. 0.2.0 and later).
Gpredict is licensed under the GNU General Public License which basically gives you the right to freely use, distribute and modify the software and its source code, but without any warranty from the authors.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Feature request 2873824: Flip Passes.
· Feature Request 3022617: Malaysia's location.
· Automatically refresh the Sky at a glance view every minute.
· Added more checks with hamlib communications.
· List satellite as available or selected when configuring module.
· Fixed bug 2116691: Leave network connection open.
· Fixed bug 3099314: Rotator Thrashing.
· Fixed bug 2167508: problems in rotator controller.
· Fixed bug from Ubuntu #706452: Update from local files won't work with files in UPPER case
· Fixed bug 3171615: Searching for satellites in the satellite selector
· Fixed bug 3113190: .desktop file error
· Address bug 2945538: Pass in polar display going outside the circle (Improve the graphical portion).