GNU SpaceChart 0.9.5
GNU SpaceChart is a map of the stars in 3D.
You can also limit which stars you want to see, according to their spectral class and luminosity, and draw links between all stars closer than a certain distance.
GNU SpaceChart works under the GNOME environment. Provided GNOME is present, it's known to work on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris 8.
What's New in This Release:
· SpaceChart is now part of the GNU Project.
· Added bulgarian translation.
· Added french translation.
· Added saving configuration files.
· SpaceChart now uses Right Ascension instead of longitude when interacting with users.
· You can now see a list of all stars in the current dialog, and center the map on any of them.
· The default data file now comes from Hipparcos/CCDM. Read data/README to find out more.