Mezzanine is a set of tools which simplify the management of software packages and collections of software packages.
It provides encapsulation for source and package management as well as a streamlined mechanism for making changes to these packages.
What's New in This Release:
· SCM functionality has been rewritten as implementations of a standard interface class.
· This will allow more seamless support of other SCM systems (e.g. Subversion).
· Dependencies on the "Meta" package, perhaps the worst thing ever to happen to CPAN, have been worked around, and this release allows for local mode operation on non-CPAN Perl archives on the filesystem.
· Spec files are now passed through RPM's own parser for improved macro expansion.
· Several new specgen templates were added, and many minor bugs fixed along the way.