GPalta is a genetic programming toolbox that aims for simplicity and speed.
GPalta features tree-based genetic programming, optional strong typing, a multithreaded GUI to control an evolution process, the ability to save evolutions to a file, to be continued at another time and place, and easy interoperability with Matlab.
Here are some key features of "GPalta":
· Tree based genetic programming
· Strongly Typed (optional)
· Multithreaded GUI to control an evolution process
· Evolutions can be saved to file, and be continued later (and/or elsewhere)
· For GP aplications, all you have to do is provide fitness cases, configure some usual GP options and click go (or call evolve from Matlab)
· For advanced research, GPalta can be easily extended with custom nodes, fitness, operators, etc
GPalta is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
· Multi-threaded evaluation of individuals and fitness assignment were added, as well as an experimental implementation of distributed (networked) evaluation.
· An implementation of a recently published clustering application and other minor improvements were included.