FlowDesigner is a free (GPL/LGPL) data flow oriented development environment. FlowDesigner can be used to build complex applications by combining small, reusable building blocks. In some ways, it is similar to both Simulink and LabView, but is hardly a clone of either.
FlowDesigner features a RAD GUI with a visual debugger. Although FlowDesigner can be used as a rapid prototyping tool, it can still be used for building real-time applications such as audio effects processing. Since FlowDesigner is not really an interpreted language, it can be quite fast.
It is written in C++ and features a plugin mechanism that allows plugins/toolboxes to be easiliy added.
Here are some key features of "FlowDesigner":
· Signal processing
· Audio processing (DSP)
· Vector quantization
· Neural network
· Fuzzy logic
· Real-time audio effect processing (pre-alpha)
· Linear algebra using LAPACK (pre-alpha)
· Octave plug-in (pre-alpha)
· Standard GNOME-2 dependencies
What's New in This Release:
· A new Qt GUI is under construction.
· This release is working with 64-bit processors. GNOME GUI updates.
· Slowly migrating to a CMake-based build system. Win32 and OS X support (binaries are available).
· FD namespace.
· This release can use Octave scripts with specific Octave Nodes.