Simple XML Editor with real-time validation against DTD or schema
The XML is displayed in three different views:
* The treetable gives a nice overview of the structure of the xml file. You can insert and delete nodes, and even build a whole document from scratch. It is the most convenient view for correcting and editing xml. Don't worry about writings tags or escaping reserved XML characters. This view makes XMLSpear different form many other XML tools.
* The element view is especially usefull if your element has many attributes.
* The source view can be used for correcting unwellformed xml, doing finds-replaces or copy-and-paste. You can always escape to this view to do advanced things that are not supported in the other views.
The included text editor is usefull for editing plain text files (shell scripts, ini and config files, etcetera).
XMLSpear is packaged with a MQSeries plugin for browing queues and putting messages, so you can even test your MQ based services.
- Xpath search panel (version 3.0)
- XML catalog support (version 3.0
- XSLT translations (version 3.0)
- Full schema validation using DOM3 in Xerces 2.9.0
- Tree editor for inserting, repeating (version 3.0) and deleting nodes
- Real-time validation against schema or DTD while editing
- Interactive resolving of schema or DTD locations
- GUI component reflecting all loaded schemas
- Test facility for correct proxy settings
- GUI components reflecting the XML schema
- Visual and textual feedback for errors
- Support for multi-document view
- Generation of complete XML documents from schema
- Generation of schemas (DTD, Relax NG, W3C XML Schema) from xml instances (version 3.0)
- Conversion between several schema types (version 3.0)
- Opening and correction and even formatting of not-well formed XML
- Unformat XML (while keeping cursor position in version 3.0) to filter out all the whitespace to shrink your file size
- Checks xsd schemas for errors, in exactly the same way as normal xml files
- Plug-In interface for extending functionality
- Flexible encoding (character set) support during opening and saving files
- Support for Unix and Windows text formats
- Text editor for plain (unformatted) text is included.
- Support for binary plist files (only avaible in the Mac Os version)
- File viewer
- Integrated text and HTML plugin
- Import or export messages to MQSeries
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Xpath support
- XML Catalog
- XSLT transformation
- Schema conversions