Widget libraries have now been developed and used for years. In all these libraries, widget instances require computer memory. But this memory is not really required, We have implemented a widget library to prove that it is possible to use zero bytes of memory per widget.
In such a library, there is no widget reference, so widget programming is easier even in a low level language such as C. Programs are more robust because they do not use pointers, make no memory management and do not translate data between application and widget.
To set the attributes of a widget, it is not possible to use the widget's pointer so a current state is used as in OpenGL. Most classic widgets were integrated into the library, and it is possible to integrate widgets of all kinds without any problem.
The Zero Memory Widget library license is the GNU GPL.
Here are some key features of "Zero Memory Widget":
· text, text_editable, int, int_editable,
· button, tearoff, button_with_accelerator,
· image, image_from_file,
· scrollbar2, scrollbar_vertical, scrollbar_horizontal,
· toggle (bit or int or char) with or without label. Same for radio button. Really easy to use.
· window, window_drag, window_popup_right, window_popup_bottom
· box_horizontal, box_vertical, box,
· scrolledview (can contains billions of children)
· table, table_with_width,
· void, if, popup : base system to make transient widgets. The menu are constructed with "popup"
· alert (container),
· message (container),
· Choice of the focus group.
· Width: padding, border, focus
· Expand: vertical, horizontal
· Alignment: vertical, horizontal
· Font: family, size, weight, style
· Geometry: x, y, width, height
· Window auto resize
· Sensibility (to overide the value computed automaticaly)
· Debug level
· a drag and drop working only inside the application.
· fully working text cut and paste (UTF8 or not).
· simple animation possible.
· the library runs a web server allowing to debug.
· accelerators. If a modifier key is pressed, a list of short-cut with this key is displayed in a bubble tip.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release works with the current GDK/GTK versions.