WidgetServer is a component based Java/XML server-side GUI-framework which enables an application to run as either
UGAT helps you build basic applications automatically from different sources like SQL/DDL older hibernate mappings.
- a monolithic application with a Swing GUI,
- a client/server application with a thin Swing client,
without any change and without loss of functionality!
WidgetServer gives you the choice if you develop a GUI either using
- HTML markup,
- a Java API like Swing,
- or XML markup.
XML markup helps to define an application's GUI fully separated from java code, Java code is useful for dynamic creation and modification during application runtime, while HTML markup is the best choice for typical web applications.
For Swing client/server applications the framework cares for the client/server split as well as for the client/server communication including compression and security layers. Web applications are fully AJAX enabled while this feature remains fully configurable.
The framework also supports a mixed deployment mode, which enables one server to serve Swing clients and Web clients at the same time. The functionality of the Swing widget set is covered widely (and sometimes enhanced) in both (Swing and Web/HTML) client channels.
The project comes with a WYSIWYG GUI-builder which is completely build on the Wi.Ser-framework technology.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The version includes some bugfixes in the WiClipse Plugin and brings an enhanced autocomplete function for finding images.
· A bug concerning animated components with shadows or reflections has been fixed.
· A new example app (mini-mail-reader) is included as a full Eclipse project.