Tacos provides a component repository for the Tapestry Web application development framework.
It's intent is to provide a library of high quality components that may be used in your tapestry application, as well as provide a core infrastructure for using ajax related logic in these and your own components and pages.
The current alpha-4 release of tacos marks a very large milestone, in the form of full dojo integration/new effects parameters to link/form components/and general bug fixes and productionizing of new components.
Current development efforts are focused on the following items:
Dojo Integration: Most of the library now relies almost exclusively on dojo. Any parts not yet handled by dojo will be evaluated for alternatives, or patch submissions to eliminate most outside dependencies.
dojo - Serves as the basis for most of the tacos library functionality. The best js package available hands down.
Prototype - Currently seems to be one of the core library components that many other libraries are based on. Provides common fuctionality, like sending/recieving ajax requests, manipulating DOM structures and interacting with forms.
script.aculo.us - A library spun off of the prototype library that provides lots of common "Effects" and animation techniques. Also provides a few ajax components, like Autocomplete and in-place editing.
Rico - Yet another library based on the prototype package. Provides similar functionality to script.aculo.us, with the addition of more comprehensive components and animation techniques.
What's New in This Release:
· Dojo Widget - Generic component for (almost) all dojo widgets.
· script.aculo.us - brand new components based on script.aculo.us
· Comet component
· New Annotations - allow you to inject ILinks and easily check if component parameters are bound.
· New binding prefixes - including 'template' that makes string related ognl expressions easier, and 'absoluteAsset' which works like the asset binding but makes sure that the created url is absolute.
· BeanForm - All-in-one, flexible bean editor BeanForm has become a major part of Tacos. This update offers complete compatibility with Tapestry 4.1.2.
· Tapdoc - though not yet properly released from within tacos, it offers a maven plugin for component reference generation.