SwingWT is an implementation of the Swing/AWT APIs over SWT.
Here are some key features of "SwingWT":
· More responsive GUIs and faster startup times
· Less RAM usage for applications
· Many developers prefer the Swing API
· Existing Swing applications don't need to be recoded
· Mature Swing UI designers can be used
· Developers deploying to *nix/Win32 can compile natively with GCJ and the applications can be distributed without a VM. Linux distribution makers could package many existing Java/Swing applications that previously could not be distributed in workable state.
· SWT components can be directly accessed through the API, allowing mix and match (make Eclipse plugins with Swing!)
· All platform benefits such as font sub-pixel decimation for LCD monitors (unavailable in Swing)
· Use Swing on mobile devices!
· The best of both worlds! New Swing components for JClosableTabbedPane, JCoolBar, JTaskTrayItem..
· A FREE implementation of Swing you can redistribute and modify to suit your own requirements
· Insulation from changes to the SWT APIs
· Insulation from differences between SWT platforms
What's New in This Release:
· This release contains many fixes and compatibility improvements, including support for AudioClip and SWT 3.2.