Pyjamas-Desktop is a cross-platform applications widget set, using Webkit, for developing GUI applications. The same application can also, using Pyjamas, then be run unmodified as an AJAX Web application. PyWebkitGtk is currently the basis for Pyjamas-Desktop, and it is conceivable that there will exist a PyWebkitQt4, and Pyjamas-Desktop will run on top of that, as well.
Pyjamas-Desktop is similar to the KiWi project in that it provides an easy-to-use API, where you need not know - at all - that you are running PyGTK underneath.
Pyjamas-Desktop is actually a port of Pyjamas which is a web toolkit, so you also have the option of running Pyjamas-Desktop applications as web applications - unmodified. Pyjamas is a port of Google's Web Toolkit. (GWT is a Java to AJAX compiler and Web-based Applications Widget set, where Pyjamas is a Python to AJAX compiler).
Here are some key features of "Pyjamas-Desktop":
· Full CSS Stylesheet functionality, both local, remote and direct and simple API manipulation.
· Loading of complete HTML Pages, both local and remote; full URL support.
· Plugin support for multimedia plugins such as Flash (obsoleting the need for gtk-mozplugin)
· Access to XML, XSLT and AJAX.
· (Future: full SVG Canvas support, like HippoCanvas)