PyQt is an open source and free command-line software that contains a comprehensive set of Python 2 and Python 3 bindings for the Qt application framework developed and distributed by Digia.
PyQt supports both Qt 4 and Qt 5 branches. It comprises over 620 classes, and it is the only tool that unites the Python cross-platform interpreted language with the Qt C++ cross-platform application framework.
It is a platform-independent application, known to work well on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. PyQt is distributed under a dual license, GNU GPL v3 and commercial.
- Added full support for Qt v5.1.
- Added the QtSensors module.
- Added the QtSerialPort module.
- A (nearly) complete set of OpenGL v2.0 and OpenGL ES/2 bindings are included.
- Cross-compilation is now supported. A configuration file for Python3 on the Raspberry Pi is included.