Fennec is a workflow based testing framework for the Perl programming language. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to extend, and to provide an incredible array of tools while staying out of your way. Fennec provides everything your used to in Perl testing framework along with enhancements inspired from other frameworks.
Fennec works just like traiditional Test::Builder tools in that it allows you to write script style tests. Fennec takes this a step further by introducing behavior driven development with the concepts of test groups and workflows. Fennec also requires that each test file define a class which Fennec will instantiate.
Here are some key features of "Fennec":
- Fennec offers the following features, among others.
- Declarative syntax
- Large library of core assert functions
- Plays nicely with Test::Builder tools
- Better diagnostics
- Highly Extendable
- Works with prove
- Full-Suite management
- Standalone test support
- Support for SPEC and other test workflows
- Forking just works
- Run only specific test sets within test files (for development)
- Intercept or hook into most steps or components by design
- No large dependancy chains
- No attributes (none of these: http://perldoc.perl.org/attributes.html)
- No use of END blocks
- No use of Sub::Uplevel
- No source filters