DBD::Firebird is a Perl class which works with the DBI module to provide access to Firebird databases.
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Firebird:db=$dbname", $user, $password);
# See the DBI module documentation for full details
· This module doesn't work with MSWin32 ActivePerl iThreads, and its emulated fork. Tested with MSWin32 ActivePerl build 809 (Perl 5.8.3). The whole process will block in unpredictable manner.
· Under Linux, this module has been tested with several different iThreads enabled Perl releases: perl-5.8.0-88 from RedHat 9, perl-5.8.5-9 from Fedora Core 3, perl-5.8.6-15 from Fedora Core 4, and Perl 5.8..
· No problem occurred so far.. until you try to share a DBI handle.
· Arrays are not (yet) supported
· Read/Write BLOB fields block by block not (yet) supported. The maximum size of a BLOB read/write is hardcoded to about 1 MB.
· service manager API is not supported.