CPAN::Reporter::Smoker is a Perl module for turnkey CPAN Testers smoking.
Rudimentary smoke tester for CPAN Testers, built upon CPAN::Reporter. Use at your own risk. It requires a recent version of CPAN::Reporter to run.
Currently, CPAN::Reporter::Smoker requires zero independent configuration; instead it uses configuration settings from CPAN.pm and CPAN::Reporter.
Once started, it retrieves a list of distributions from the configured CPAN mirror and begins testing them in reverse order of upload. It will skip any distribution which has already had a report sent by CPAN::Reporter.
Here are some key features of "CPAN::Reporter::Smoker":
- No configuration needed
- Tests each distribution as a separate CPAN process -- each distribution has prerequisites like build_requires satisfied from scratch
- Automatically checks for new distributions every twelve hours or as otherwise specified
- Continues until interrupted with CTRL-C
- Does not check any skip files before handing off to CPAN to test -- use CPAN.pm "distroprefs" instead
- Does not attempt to retest distributions that had reports discarded because of prerequisites that could not be satisfied
- Skips t/smoke-disabled.t unless YAML is installed