A smart diff tool.
stroy is a smart diff tool. For now it specializes on directories of files. Its differentiating feature is the ability to match files which have different names, content and locations. Otherwise it just tries to combine power with ease.
- Smart matching:
- stroy compare directories and matches files using several strategies e.g. name, parent, content checksum and lastly content fuzzy hash comparisons.
- stroy has a extensible pattern matching logic to filter out irrelevant files. It remembers the patterns.
- It can also remove files from an already performed diff.
- stroy allows to configure viewing programs, file diffing programs and diff strategies per file type.
- synchronized scrolling:
- Sounds obvious but with matches of files with different parents this was not trivial (shoulder padding).
- OSX look and feel:
- stroy is a Java program but it goes to some pains to look like a native OSX program.
- Windows look and fell:
- Well there is an exe with the right icon and help and execution of win programs.
- Cross platform:
- Despite the effort to make it look native on OSX and windows stroy is a Java program and that should run on Linux without much problems.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- summary had numbers for left and right switched