XOTclIDE is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for XOTcl and Tcl.
Here are some key features of "XOTclIDE":
· Source Code Editing (Tcl and XOTcl) with Syntax Highlighting
· Code Completion
· System Introspection (Reflection)
· Source Documentation
· Debugging, Tracking
· Source Syntax Checking for Tcl and XOTcl
· Version Control System
· Team Programming Support
· Test Support (Unit Test Framework)
· Configuration Management (also Deployment and Release-Management)
The main benefits of XOTclIDE are:
· XOTclIDE can manage even big projects with many thousand lines of Tcl or XOTcl program code.
· Supports component based development that helps to structure and reuse code in different applications.
· Enable interactive XOTcl development by using introspection functions of the XOTcl language. There is no difference in using, developing, debugging and browsing (introspection) the system. So you can work on a live XOTcl system.
· XOTclIDE has some powerful structure browsers. They can be used to browse class and object structure and to add and modify the methods or meta-data.
· XOTclIDE Object Inspector lets you browse and manipulate all XOTcl objects. You can navigate through sub-objects structures, inspect and modify variables, or even invoke objects method by GUI.
· XOTclIDE include a powerful syntax checking tool to find all typos at editing time.
· XOTclIDE can also manage normal Tcl procedures (procedural Tcl). This allows to reuse old no-XOTcl code or mix procedural Tcl and object-oriented XOTcl code in one project.
· Support of the programming process. Version Control, Unit Tests Framework
· XOTclIDE can be easily adapted and extended.
· XOTclIDE can be extended with dynamically loadable modules (plug-ins)
· Enables team development.
What's New in This Release:
· Adapted for XOTcl1.6. Some small improvements and bug fixes.