Superversion 2.0 Beta 8
Superversion is a multi-user distributed version control system based on change sets.
If you're frustrated with CVS - as so many developers before you - and don't want to spend money on a version management software, try Superversion today! Superversion is ublished under the GPL and free to use even in commercial environments.
Here are some key features of "Superversion":
· Very easy download, installation and setup in just a few clicks
· Platform-independent; supported on Windows, Linux, OS/2, OpenVMS (should run on Macs too - feedback welcome!)
· Graphical user interface for all operations
· Fully transactional internal database - very strong protection against data loss
· Can be used with any editor or file-based IDE
· Compressed diff view for every file accessible in just one click
· Instant overview of all new/changed/deleted files in work area
· Changes can be collected in a buffer before being committed to repository
· Branch merging
· All file changes stored as diffs (low space consumption even for binary files)
· Report functions: fulltext search, state comparison, file history
· Support for multiple work areas per project (simultaneous work on different versions)
· Graphical project history view
· Keyword replacement (analogous to CVS)
· Convenient selection of files and directories to be ignored
· Marker system to assign human-readable labels to versions
· Comments assignable to every version, every file
· Export of any recorded version as zip file, complete directory or file-wise
· File type (binary/text) detected automatically (manual override possible)
· Help text in most dialogs
What's New in This Release:
· The user interface is faster and more responsive in many places.
· There is a new dialog for adding work areas.