RhodeCode (formerly hg-app) is Pylons based repository management and serving for mercurial. It's similar to github or bitbucket, but it's suppose to run as standalone app, it's open source and focuses more on restricted access to repositories.
There's no default free access to RhodeCode You have to create an account in order to use the application. It's powered by vcs library that we created to handle many various version control systems.
RhodeCode uses Semantic Versioning
Here are some key features of "RhodeCode":
· Has it's own middleware to handle mercurial protocol request. Each request can be logged and authenticated. Runs on threads unlikely to hgweb You can make multiple pulls/pushes simultaneous
· Full permissions and authentication per project private/read/write/admin. One account for web interface and mercurial push/pull/clone.
· Mako templates let's you customize look and feel of application.
· Beautiful diffs, annotations and source codes all colored by pygments.
· Mercurial branch graph and yui-flot powered graphs with zooming and statistics
· Admin interface with user/permission management. User activity journal logs pulls, pushes, forks,registrations. Possible to disable built in hooks
· Server side forks, it's possible to fork a project and hack it free without breaking the main.
· Full text search on source codes, search on file names. All powered by whoosh and build in indexing daemons (no external search servers required all in one application)
· Rss / atom feeds, gravatar support, download sources as zip/tarballs
· Async tasks for speed and performance using celery (works without them too)
· Backup scripts can do backup of whole app and send it over scp to desired location
· Setup project descriptions and info inside built in db for easy, non file-system operations
· Added cache with invalidation on push/repo management for high performance and always up to date data.
· Based on pylons 1.0 / sqlalchemy 0.6 / sqlite
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Redesign UI, with lots of small improvements.
· Group management delegation. Group admin can manage a group, and repos under it, admin can create child groups inside group he manages.
· Repository extra fields. Optional unlimited extra fields can be defined for each repository to store custom data.
· API get_repo call includes repo followers now.
· Large amounts of improvements in pull requests.
· #734 repo switcher is available in all pages.
· #733 API invalidate_cache function.
· Added option to turn on HSTS headers when using SSL.
· #83 show repo size on summary page.
· #745 added show full diff link into to big diff message.
· Deprecated RSS linksATOM is the present and the future.
· Add option to define custom lexers for custom extensions for code highlight in rcextension module.
· Git executable is now configurable via .ini files.
· #689 repositories now has optional detach/delete option for connected forks.
· Obfuscate password when cloning a remote repo with credentials.
· #788 tarball cache. zip or compressed tarballs can be optionally cached for faster serving.
· Speed up of last_changeset extraction in VCS.
· API get_locks function.
· Configurable HTTP codes for repository locking.
· Possible to use closed branches in ?branch= in changelog.
· Linaro's ldap sync scripts.
· #797 git refs filter is now configurable via .ini file.
· New ishell paster command for easier administrative tasks.
· #654 switch to handles `/` in branch/tag/bookmark names.
· #572 moved out password reset tasks from celery.
· #730 filter out repo groups choices to only ones that you have write+ access.
· #462 disable file editing when not on branch head.
· #731 update-repoinfo sometimes failed to update data when changesets were initial commits.
· #749,#805 and #516 Removed duplication of repo settings for rhodecode admins and repo admins.
· Global permission update with "overwrite existing settings" shouldn't override private repositories.
· #642 added recursion limit for stats gathering.
· #739 Delete/Edit repositories should only point to admin links if the user is an super admin.
· Fixed escaping of html in "patch" view for GIT repos.
· #747 load changeset cache after forking to refresh lightweight dashboard caches.
· Quick repo list: public/private icon control should only control icons, not repo visibility.
· #746 UnicodeDedode errors on feed controllers.
· #756 cleanup repos didn't properly compose paths of repos to be cleaned up.
· #763 gravatar helper function should fallback into default image if somehow email provided is empty.
· Fixes #762, LDAP and container created users are now activated based on the registration settings in permissions.
· Cleanup would recurse into every leaf and could thus not be used on lots of large repositories.
· Better detection of deleting groups with subgroups inside.
· Fixed issue with renaming repos group together with changing parents with multiple nested trees.
· #594 web interface file committing executes push hooks.
· Disallow cloning from different URI's that http[s]/svn/git/hg.
· Handling of RhodeCode extra params in consistent way.
· Don't normalize path if it's empty on adding a file through web interface.
· #808 missing changesets and files should return 404 not redirect
· #809 added url quote in clone url.
· Fixed issues with importing non-ascii repo names.
· Automatically assign instance_id for host and process if it has been set to *
· Fixed multiple IP addresses in each of extracted IP.
· Lot of other small bug fixes and improvements.