PureCM is an integrated version control and defect tracking tool. The project outperforms most other SCM tools, uses a reliable transactional database, and is scalable to thousands of concurrent developers.
The server, GUI, command line, and Web clients runs on Windows, Linux, Unix, and Mac OS.
Here are some key features of "PureCM Professional":
PureCM Client Features:
· Cross-platform (Windows/Unix/Macintosh) GUI Client
· Command Line Client
· Common Version Control operations (Checkout,Checkin & Uncheckout etc.)
· Graphical Differencing of file changes
· Graphical Annotation (line-by-line history) of file changes
· Issue (Defect/Change) Management
· Change Review and Approval/Workflow
· .Net SDK for Issue/Server automation
· Fast TCP/IP server communication works across VPNs/Internet
PureCM Server Features:
· Cross-platform (Windows/Unix/Macintosh)
· Fast, Transactional database (no SQL Server licenses required)
· Python Scripting for workflow automation
· Domain Authentication(Windows) enables transparent security
· Certification Authentication/SSL (PKI) for secure Internet access
· PureCM is free to download and use, with all functions enabled, for two concurrent users.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release comes with a new proxy server that caches data locally to accelerate data access for distributed teams.
· Internal tests have resulted in more than 18x faster file downloads.
· Further enhancements include an improved resolve dialogue for merge conflicts, visual diffing of image files, and the new component manager.
· The latter helps development managers to link shared components within or between branches and manage their update path.
· Changes to a component get automatically promoted to all linked destinations, removing the need to merge them manually.