LibreSource is a software platform dedicated to software development and management of distributed communities.
LibreSource offers configuration management with the generic synchronization module So6 from INRIA research. It includes numerous tools dealing with project and user management, including bug trackers, forums, wiki pages, mailing lists, etc. An integrated search engine (Lucene) indexes the data hosted on the platform in full text mode.
With its naming tree, LibreSource makes it possible to hierarchize access to documents and resources. It makes it easy to define public and private areas. Its decentralized approach makes it possible to develop a set of robust applications while disregarding the underlying software architecture.
What's New in This Release:
· Subversion integration was added, enabling the creation of repositories, security management, and access through WebDav to the repositories.
· SSL is supported.
· Both JOnAS and JBoss are supported.
· Refactoring was done to support other application servers.
· Account status was added in admin actions (root can activate/desactivate an account).
· The installation guide was made more comprehensive.
· The whole platform was sped up.
· Proxy traversal was added for the Synchronizer.
· Internationalization, online help, and a Web interface were added.