A graphical text difference analyzer for up to 3 input files.
KDiff3 can be used to merge two or three input files and automatically merges as much as possible. The result is presented in an editable window where most conflicts can be solved with a single mouseclick: Select the buttons A/B/C from the button-bar to select the source that should be used. You can also select more than one source. Since this output window is an editor even conflicts which need further corrections can be solved here without requiring another tool.
- Fast navigation via buttons.
- A mouse-click into a summary column sync's all windows to show the same position.
- Select and copy from any window and paste into the merge result window.
- Overview column that shows where the changes and conflicts are.
- The colors are adjustable to your specific preferences.
- Adjustable Tab size.
- Option to insert spaces instead of tabs.
- Open files comfortably via dialog or specify files on the command line.
- Search for strings in all text windows. Find (Ctrl-F) and Find Next (F3)
- Show the line numbers for each line.
- Paste clipboard or drag text into a diff input window.
- Networktransparency via KIO.
- Can be used as diff-viewer in KDevelop 3.
- Word-wrap for long lines.
- Compares or merges two or three text input files or directories,
- Shows the differences line by line and character by character (!),
- Provides an automatic merge-facility and
- an integrated editor for comfortable solving of merge-conflicts,
- Supports KIO on KDE (allows accessing ftp, sftp, fish, smb etc.),
- and has an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Read what else is special in a short abstract (PDF).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.9.94