Barter is an integration of the Bazaar revision control system into Nautilus.
Barter is an extension for the Nautilus file-manager. It provides a series of context-menu items and property panels to make management of Arch archives.
One of Barter's chief aims is to be as intuitive as is feasible, integrating with the file-manager in a clean and natural fashion. It doesn't attempt to be a complete interface to this notoriously complete versioning system, it just aims to cover the functionality people will be using most often.
Please remember that this is an experimental project in its early stages so it isn't intended for general use yet (although by all means use it and let me know how you find it.) It uses several new and rough technologies, not least the python Extensions API itself. As such it is very much for the bleeding edge, experimenting user.
Here are some key features of "Barter":
· Context-menu support for add, remove, get, merge, branch, commit, update, new archive and new project
· Automatic generation of changelogs
· Able to forward to mirrors on commit
· Reflection of arch information into RDF for integration with common ontologies such as Dublin Core, FOAF, DOAP and Annotea (to do)
· File, archive and working tree property panels to display metadata (to do)
· Information and metadata reflection into the Frege information store (optional)
· Nautilus 2.8 or above
· nautilus-python extensions API
· Python 2.3 or above
· Bazaar 1.2 or above
· PyBaz development branch available through tla/baz at http://ddaa.net/arch/2004/pybaz--devo--0
· PyGTK 2.4+ and bindings for Gnome and Glade
· gtk-led-askpass or similar to enter SSH keys and passwords for mirroring.
What's New in This Release:
· Barter now includes the ability to tag and untag files and folders, automatically generate changelogs and push to mirrors.
· In addition a spiffy new changes list has been added to the commit dialog.