Skeleton Pro 1.7
Skeleton Pro is a Swing demo application that can help you get started with Swing.
Skeleton Pro comes with, utilizes and demos the JGoodies Swing Suite.
Here are some key features of "Skeleton Pro":
· Better application startup process:
· brings up a splash with progress indicator; configures and restores the UI; configures and uses logging; configures preferences; finally launches and prepares Swing.
· Better integration with the Mac OS X:
· hooks into the application menu; avoids duplicate menu items; better toolbar buttons; better dock icon when minimized.
· Stores and restores state via user preferences:
· Window position and size, panel layout, look&feel and theme
· More default dialogs: Welcome, License, Preferences, Tip of the day, About
· Uses the global (static) help system
· Provides a dynamic help system
· Can switch look&feel at runtime
· Logs runtime errors to a logfile
· Uses anti-aliased components
· Provides consistent dialog layout and design
The application is about editing propeller shaft data. It has been extracted from a real-world application that helps ship inspectors check and verify whether a propeller shaft complies with a set of building rules for ship and machinery.
You can either create a new project, or load an existing. In both cases, this demo will create a sample project. You can browse the project components in the navigator, in the left. If you select a node in the navigator, an appropriate viewer shows up on the right side.
· Java 1.4.2 or later