The Glade project is an open source RAD tool that allows developers to create user interfaces for GTK+ and GNOME.
Glade can save project in the XML format. is an open source project distributed under the GNU GPL License v3 license.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Much UI fixing and refactoring (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Added new --css and --screenshot options to glade-preview (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Fix main window shortcuts (bug 695866 Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Implemented Project Properties dialog with Glade as a composite tempalte (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Support editing the GtkWidget:name property (useful for CSS theming)
· Improved project inter-widget dependancy calculation and project serialization ordering, object output ordering (and signal ordering) is now consistent and sorted.
· GtkButton: response-id for dialogs is now optional (allowing adding dialog buttons that have no dialog response)
· GtkImage: Support the new "resource" property
· GTK+ catalog updated to cover widgets in GTK+ 3.8
· Now show warnings in the UI for deprecated properties and signals
· Now show warnings in the Inspector view if any deprecated widgets, signals or properties are used (or if anything is used which is not available in the project's target version).
· Optional properties are now always saved if they are enabled, allowing to explicitly set them to the default value (eg. GtkWidget:hexpand/vexpand)
· Inspector search entry: Restore completions to work nicely again and filter the treeview with a search-in-text algorithm.
· Inspector: Add a feature to expand-all
· Property editor title-bar is now optional in the View menu
· Fixed many deprecation warnings in Glade's compile
· Added Glade's first 2 ever unit tests
· Fixed Devhelp doc search for properties (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Make Drag'n'Drop work on regular clicks without entering Drag Mode and restored old Drag/Resize functionality when SHIFT is pressed (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Improved Drag/Resize which has been rather broken for a while
· Added Autosave and Automatic backup of previous file features, configurable in Glade's preferences Dialog
· Support Composite GtkBuilder template editing (mark a toplevel GtkWidget as the "composite template" widget in the Project Properties dialog or property editor).
· Support editing of the project domain in the project properties dialog (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
· Properties in the Project Properties dialog are now undoable
· GladeSignalEditor: Automatically expand rows which have signal callbacks assigned when loading a widget
· Add options to decide what types of warnings should be presented at project save time, configurable in Glade's preferences dialog.
· Added new property editor components GladePropertyLabel, GladePropertyShell and GladeEditorSkeleton, allowing us to create custom property editors using Glade.
· Add "Grid" option to "Add parent" menu (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
· Added Gladeui catalog for IDE's and embedders to design Glade frontends with Glade
· Added private catalog to allow the GTK+ plugin to embed editors that it provides
· Added new GladeEpropCheck boolean property editor, to be used in some cases for boolean properties.
· Added new adaptor methods GladeWidgetAdaptor->write_widget_after() and GladeWidgetAdaptor->destroy_object()
· Automatically generate gladeui's enum types with glib-mkenums
· Modified properties now show up in italic letering instead of bold, bold lettering is reserved for title labels in custom property editors.
· New components that now use GtkBuilder Composite Templates (and have had a basic review and rework of their UIs): GladePreferences (Glade's preferences dialog), GladeEditor (the property editor), GladeProjectProperties (the project properties dialog) and custom property editors: GladeActivatableEditor, GladeButtonEditor, GladeEntryEditor, GladeImageEditor, GladeLabelEditor, GladeWidgetEditor
· And... many various bugfixes and UI fixes by Juan Pablo and myself.