Eagle Mode 0.84.0
Eagle Mode is an advanced solution for a futuristic style of man-machine communication.
It has a professional file manager, file viewers and players for most of the common file types, a chess game, a 3D mines game, a multi-function clock and some fractal fun, all integrated in a virtual cosmos.
By featuring a separate popup-zoomed control view, help texts in the things they are describing, editable bookmarks, multiple input methods, fast anti-aliased graphics, a virtually unlimited depth of panel tree, and by its portable C++ API, Eagle Mode aims to be a cutting edge of zoomable user interfaces.
This project is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
· CPU: 3.4 GHz rated (per core), 1 MB cache (per core or shared), one core or more
· RAM: 1 GB
· Swap space: 1 GB (or more RAM)
· Disk space: About 10 MB for installation, 1 GB for temporary files at run-time.
· Disk type: Quite fast and without any sleep states (notebook hard disks are not so suitable).
· OS: An up-to-date full-featured Linux is highly recommended. Other UNIX-like systems may also be suitable. Short more or less successful tests have been made with FreeBSD, BeleniX (OpenSolaris) and Cygwin.
· Graphics: An accelerated X-Server with XShm extension. 3D-acceleration is not needed (but a fast implementation of XShmPutImage).
It is not recommended to run Eagle Mode on something like a 3D desktop or composite manager. It could make Eagle Mode slow and unstable.
· Mouse: With three buttons (not emulated) and with a smooth-running wheel.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.83.0
- A new plugin for viewing PDF documents was added.
- It is based on the poppler-glib library.