Autoform is a PHP class with which you can build forms more easily than with HTML. Specify server-side validation patterns, customize default presentation templates, shows validation error messages, won't lose submitted field values if validation fails.
Creating fully functioning HTML forms is a tedious task, so I started this project to save my sanity.
1. Add and modify fields more easily than with HTML ... there's less typing involved
2. Choose from built-in validation patterns, or add your own
3. Use the default presentation templates, or customize to your liking
4. When the form is submitted, performs server-side validation
5. If validation fails, prepares and displays error messages, while keeping the data that was submitted
Technical note: This project features real-world use of recursion. A Computer Science education is not for naught.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix fileField validate() bug ... method shouldn't have been expecting a parameter.