Simple Game Map Editor is an application for editing tile map data. While it was written with video game development in mind, Simple Game Map Editor is generic enough to be useful for other purposes as well.
Here are some key features of "Simple Game Map Editor":
· Simple Game Map Editor is a cross-platform, Java Swing based application.
· Projects are stored in an open, easy to decipher XML-based file format. The project files can be fed into external applications, or "tweaked" by hand if necessary.
· Custom extensions are supported. Extensions can be used to manipulate project data, or provide custom import and export functionality.
· The user interface was designed to be intuitive and straight-forward, with ease-of-use in mind.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment