A 2D engine
Scrupp's goal is to make the core as small and orthogonal as possible. It currently supports:
* Mouse and keyboard control
* Image loading and displaying
* Image compositing using Cairo and the Lua library lua-oocairo by Geoff Richards
* Sound and music
* Movie playback
* TrueType fonts
* Network communication using the Lua library LuaSocket by Diego Nehab
* Loading applications from archives: Just put every ressource in a zip file.
Higher functionalities (e.g. animations) are implemented as plugins in Lua.
Scrupp is free software and is available under the same terms and conditions as the Lua language, the MIT license.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- including the cairo binding lua-oocairo by Geoff Richards
- including the network library LuaSocket by Diego Nehab
- support for MPEG-1 movie playback
- using autotools for easier compilation and installation on Linux