xTests is a easy-to-use, simple, efficient unit- and component-test library, for multiple languages. Combining high discoverability and low coupling, xTests is a lightweight solution designed for use in verifying other libraries.
The current version covers C and C++ testing. It is implemented in C++ and expresses a C/C++-API. Its primary design features are:
· Portability. It relies on no platform-specific or compiler-specific constructs. The only library it relies on is the 100% header-only, open-source STLSoft library. It works with a large number of C/C++ compilers. Importantly, it is sufficiently simple and lightweight that it is bundled with several other open-source libraries, and is an integral part of their automated unit- and component-testing in their builds.
· Simplicity. It doesn't require pre-processing of your source code by scripting languages. It doesn't use macros to create secret classes that use Schwarz counters to register test cases. It relies on you to simply code what you want, and nothing that you don't want.
- This release adds function pointer testing, via XTESTS_TEST_FUNCTION_POINTER_EQUAL() and XTESTS_TEST_FUNCTION_POINTER_NOT_EQUAL(), and implicit-link support for VC++ 10.
- It also includes some minor fixes for improved 64-bit compatibility.
- It requires STLSoft v1.9.100, which is available from stlsoft.org.