Robot Framework is a Python-based keyword-driven test automation framework for acceptance level testing and acceptance test-driven development (ATDD).
Robot Framework has an easy-to-use tabular syntax for creating test cases and its testing capabilities can be extended by test libraries implemented either with Python or Java. Users can also create new keywords from existing ones using the same simple syntax that is used for creating test cases.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enables easy-to-use tabular syntax for creating test cases in a uniform way.
· Provides ability to create reusable higher-level keywords from the existing keywords.
· Provides easy-to-read reports and logs in HTML format.
· Is platform and application independent.
· The modular architecture supports creating tests even for applications with several diverse interfaces.
· Provides a simple library API for creating customized test libraries.
· Provides a command line interface and XML based outputs for integration into existing build infrastructure (continuous integration systems).
· Provides support for Selenium for web testing, Java GUI testing, running processes, Telnet, SSH, and so on.
· Supports creating data-driven test cases.
· Provides tagging to categorize and select test cases to be executed.
· Has built-in support for variables, practical particularly for testing in different environments.