UPPAAL is an integrated tool environment for modeling, validation and verification of real-time systems modeled as networks of timed automata, extended with data types (bounded integers, arrays, etc.).
UPPAAL CORA is a branch of UPPAAL for Cost Optimal Reachability Anslysis developed by the UPPAAL team as part of the VHS and AMETIST projects. Whereas UPPAAL supports model checking of timed automata, UPPAAL CORA uses an extension of timed automata called LPTA. LPTA allows you to annotate the model with the notion of cost.
This can be the cost of delay in certain situations or the cost of particular actions. UPPAAL CORA then finds optimal paths matching goal conditions.
UPPAAL CORA has been used in a number of case studies. Some of these are described on the case study page of this site. If you come up with interesting uses, please contact us. We are interested in hearing what you do!
Due to different internal data structures, UPPAAL CORA currently consists of two different versions:
A version for the simplified case of time optimal reachability analysis.
A version for the full language of LPTA.
Like UPPAAL, UPPAAL CORA is free for non-profit use, e.g. for evaluation, research, and teaching purposes.
Here are some key features of "UPPAAL":
· The modeling language of UPPAAL CORA is robust towards changes in the problem modeled. This means that your investment in modeling is not lost when the problem changes, since it is easy to adapt the existing model.
· Although the technology is rather new, experimental and very different from techniques used in traditional operational research, UPPAAL CORA is competitive in a number of case studies.
· The language of UPPAAL CORA is a superset of UPPAAL. Any valid UPPAAL model is also a valid UPPAAL CORA model. This makes it easy and convenient to reuse and adapt your existing models to UPPAAL CORA.
· UPPAAL CORA is based on the latest internal development version of UPPAAL, containing the latest performance and language improvements. It is however an experimental tool and lacks many of the verification features of UPPAAL.
UPPAAL CORA with full LPTA support has a number of limitations. These limitations are not fundamental, but are a result of using new internal data structures with a currently limited feature set. Over time, these limitations will be resolved.
- No extrapolation, hence termination is not guaranteed unless you guarantee that either:
· The system is acyclic.
· All clocks are bounded by invariants.
- Simple reachability only:
· No liveness check
· No deadlock check
- Limited use of guiding:
· Support for (cost + remaining) sorting is implemented (best first search)
· Support for heuristic variable is implemented, but the expression cannot refer to the cost variable.
What's New in This Release:
· This release fixes crash bugs and a memory leak.