TestLink is a testcase management and execution tracking system built using PHP, MySQL, and several other open source tools.
It is a tool that helps streamline the software development process. TestLink project enables quality assurance teams to create and manage their test cases and organize them into test plans.
These test plans allow team members to execute test cases and track test results dynamically.
Here are some key features of "TestLink":
· Web based User interface (Mozilla, Firefox, IE compatible)
· Each product is tested in Test Plans according to natural testing procedures
· Users have defined roles (e.g. leader, tester, etc.)
· Test cases are organized in hierarchal structure (tree menu)
· Keywords are supported to bring more depth to test organization
· Testing could be prioritized, assigned to testers, defined milestones
· Amount of Reports and Metrics are available
· Export of documentation to HTML, MS Word and MS Excel is supported
· Reports could be mailed directly from the tool
· Localization and Internacialization (English, French, German, Italian, Spainish, Brasil Portugese)
General bug tracking system:
· Bugzilla interface
· Mantis interface
· Jira interface
· Requirements based testing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New features include a print view for test cases, a print view for requirements, a simple example of a remote execution server, and an extended requirement based report.
· Keywords are sorted by name and not by creation date.
· The requirement tree was polished. Remote execution was fixed.
· Debug messages were removed from reports since they caused broken reports.
· User assignments are not lost anymore in special cases.
· A missing tree was fixed for IE.