Tail is a small application for following changes in log files.
Here are some key features of "Tail":
· Graphical interface makes monitoring files extremely simple
· Monitor many files using tabs
· Can show multiple tabs at once
· Changed files show up with a flag and a noise
· Optionally mute sounds
· Optionally scan file changes and only flag on given keywords
· Variable number of lines to monitor
· Easily pause and resume monitoring
· Automatically saves your keyword, mute, and number of lines preferences
· Automatically re-opens files that were being monitored when Tail was closed
Open a file for monitoring by using the open button on the toolbar. Each new file will get its own tab, and you can have as many tabs open as you want. If you put text into the flag pattern box, only lines containing one or more of the entered strings (comma separated) will flag the tab and play a noise if sounds are on. If you leave this field blank, Tail will behave this way for every new log entry.
What's New in This Release:
· added some code to make sure text area scrolls to the bottom every time - when tailing more lines than the window could show it wasn't scrolling down. Thanks to Darren Foo for the bug report.
· added some unicode support. Not my forte, but it works with my unicode test file