STclass is a Contract Based Built-in Testing Framework (CBBT) for Java.
The goal of the STclass project is to diffuse a professional testing framework for the Java language. The Tigris site shoud support the maintenance and the evolution of the tool.
Here are some key features of "STclass":
· Runtime evaluable contracts definition and evaluation:
OCL like class invariants, pre and postconditions on methods;
contracts defined in javadoc comments (can be extracted by javadoc);
contracts inheritance from parent class and interfaces following the Meyer's rules;
· Class level unit testing:
test are organized in TestUnits, TestCases and TestSuites;
Setup and Teardown actions can be associated to TestCase, a testUnit can participate to several TestCases;
tests are contract-based: TestUnits define only scenarii, oracles are evaluated by contracts;
tests are built-in: all the test definition is made in comments of the source code;
tests are inheritable from parent classes and interfaces;
· A preprocessor generates from the source an instrumented code with a main function: running the test is only running the class itself. Options manage the test conditions; it is possible to launch TestUnits individualy in verification mode; with Ant or other scripts, package or system test can be performed.
· Test result are saved in XML format, postprocessing tools produce nice HTML reports; using the JIP profiler, a statisitic and profiling analysis can be made during the test, its resuts are added to the HTML report.
What's New in This Release:
· Several bugs were fixed.
· Change option management is now based on property files.
· Good integration with Ant was achieved.
· IDEs including NetBeans and Eclipse are now supported.
· A new 'code_cover' command that makes coverage tests with EMMA was added.