MoMEUnit is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing of J2ME applications.
It overcomes the lack of a reflection API in the J2ME MIDP API and supports main features of the JUnit framework such as ease of development and running of tests, sharing of fixtures among different tests, the ability to perform simultaneous test runs, and much more.
The results of tests are displayed with a progress bar, statistics, and lists of failures or errors with detailed messages for each test.
Here are some key features of "MoMEUnit":
· Calculates list of tests to run based on Test interface implementation and specified patterns. There is no need to specify test cases to run explicitly. Developers can add test cases without configuring test runners.
· Runs test cases of already built J2ME application or builds test application on behalf of developer based on source files, classes, resources and libraries specified.
· Preverifies J2ME application before running tests on demand.
· Formats tests run output by using predefined or custom tests results formatters like in task. All test characteristics including times and stack traces are available.
· Gives developers possibility to choose emulator and/or preverify tool to run by specifying predefined or custom emulator or preverifier.
· Gives developers possibility to configure test J2ME application by specifying attributes of application JAD descriptor and/or manifest.