Jungletest is a tool for automated testing of OpenOffice.org (OOo) against a large set of documents in complex, binary formats. Currently, tests determine whether OOo will crash or hang when loading or scrolling through the document. The documents can be automatically harvested from the OOo Issue Tracker or through random URLs found on Yahoo.
Practical applications of Jungletest include:
· Quantifying the stability of OOo. For example, perhaps you could say that OOo can import 99.9999% of Microsoft Word documents without crashing.
· Detecting regressions of fixed issues in the Issue Tracker.
· Generally improving the stability of OOo.
· OpenOffice.org Python
· file, a tool for identifying file types (common on UNIX systems)
· A list of words (usually /usr/share/dict/words)