GtkPerf is an application designed to test GTK+ performance.
I know that bencmarking tools (including GtkPerf) can be fooled and don't give real-life results. Yet, I belive that GtkPerf can be helpful to solve for example this kind of things:
- How fast is my hardware/software platform compared to others?
- How fast/slow GTK+ is with different themes?
- Is there any notably slow widgets when using my GTK+ theme(engine)?
- How much does GTK+ performance increase when moving e.g. from GTK+ 2.4 -> 2.6?
- How much does GTK+/GDK perfomance increase when updating X-server?
- Can GTK+ be efficiently used in embedded devices?
There exist other performance tools but none to measure GTK+ UI speed.
What's New in This Release:
· Allow gtkperf to build on non gcc compilers such as forte. (Brian Nitz)
· Patch for automatic test runs from commandline (Brian Nitz)
· Improved above patch from Brian, to allow specifying test count from commandline. See "gtkperf --help" for instructions (Kaj Grönholm)