Flyspray is an uncomplicated, web-based bug tracking system for assisting with software development. The project was originally conceived when the Psi Jabber client project couldn't find a bugtracker that suited their needs, and has been made available for everyone to use for their own projects.
Flyspray is Free Software, released under the GNU Lesser General Public Licence. This essentially means that you can get Flyspray and use it free of charge. The source code is available, and you are welcome to modify it to suit your needs. Submitting your changes back to us is entirely optional, but we'd love to hear from you!
- A computer to act as a server,
- Web server software. We recommend and support Flyspray running on Apache. Flyspray may work with other webserver software, but are untested and unsupported at this stage.
- The PHP web scripting language (at least version 4.3),
- The ADOdb database abstraction layer,
- Database server software. Currently supported are MySQL and PostgreSQL. Flyspray may work with other database types, but are untested and unsupported at this stage.
- A web browser with good support for web standards. We recommend Mozilla Firefox and Opera, but Microsoft Internet Explorer should be avoided. Internet Explorer's ability to render standard XHTML and CSS is fairly limited, and many of the w3c guidelines are implemented in quite a broken way. Please file a bug report with Microsoft to fix their browser.
Here are some key features of "Flyspray":
· Web-based, platform-independent
· Multiple database support (through the ADOdb database abstraction layer)
· Easy installation
· Easy to use
· Multiple projects
· Permissions-based user groups
· 'Watching' tasks, with notification of changes (email or Jabber)
· Comprehensive task history
· File attachments
· CSS themes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved: Now using our own DOT server for dependency graphs. Also works for non-public hosts.
· Fixed: Cannot add users with whitespace in user name to group
· Fixed: Connection does not support host with socket info
· FS#1512 - Acceptance of GPL not required for use (removed for both versions)
· FS#1458 - Expand all in Roadmap not working for versions with a lot of tasks
· FS#1489 - Error with parsing comment
· FS#1516 - Trailing comma when clicking on “lost password?””
· FS#1520 - tasktype_name too short or input field too long
· FS#1534 - lang/nl.php – “bericht” vs “notificatie” inconsistency, double spaces and more
· FS#1495 - QUERY_STRING bug still present
· FS#1531 - Undefined index: due_date
· FS#1542 - Comment count is double
· FS#1548 - “My searches” not working on some configurations
· FS#1528 - missing loginform id
· FS#1549 - anon_email specified twice
· FS#1526 - Votes table should have index on task_id
· FS#1503 - Version Check breaks sites when flyspray.org is down
· FS#1496 - documentation error
· FS#1454 - localization when hover profile
· FS#1450 - Empty line in /includes/external/Validate.php
· FS#1451 - Conflicting names for plugins/dokuwiki/inc/utf8.php
· Use a strict sql_mode on mysql > 5.0.0 to avoid a possible MySQL and SQL Column Truncation Vulnerability
· PT-BR translation updated